Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Recipe Review: Herbed Tilapia

This week I made the Herbed Tilapia from the Shakeology Recipes. Usually I bake a more meatier fish such as salmon or tuna but I needed to switch it up a little. With Tilapia being so accessible and budget friendly i decided to give it a try.  I soooo love this recipe, its super simple and really tasty.  

Recipe is as follows (1 serving): 
Ingredients:
- 6 oz. Tilapia filet
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme 
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat breadcrumbs 
Directions:
- Top the Tilapia filet with the mix of olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, thyme and breadcrumbs
- Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15-20 minutes

I also add a pinch of Old Bay and  Salt/Pepper.  Ive made with and without the breadcrumbs.  Lemon or Lime juice. Its always tasty.

The suggested sides are 1 cup qinoa and 1 cup steamed spinach, but I easily substitue brown rice and any steamed vegetable or a mixed greens salad.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment